Maple 8: Why does the indent button no longer work?

Maple and Maple Reader
naxtell

Maple 8: Why does the indent button no longer work?

Post by naxtell »

Usually when I upgrade to the latest version of Maple I get a nice surprise - not so going from v7.56 to v8 :(

Firstly, why do the indent/outdent buttons on the toolbar no longer work? I can select a paragraph of text and click the indent button until the cows come home and absolutely nothing happens! How did a basic function like this slip through your QA??

Another annoyance when "upgrading" is that the nice screenshots I've inserted into many of my Maple docs are not very pixelated and unreadable. I suspect this is a side-effect of the new rendering engine you are using but it is VERY ANNOYING. Many of my screenshots are now unreadable which is making me question whether to continue with Maple or use something like Whiz Folders instead. I've continued with Maple precisely because of it's good image handling functions - now that has gone it's USP (for me) has gone too.

Comments?
support
Site Admin

Re: Maple 8: Why does the indent button no longer work?

Post by support »

The issue with Indent buttons will be fixed in the next update.
Another annoyance when "upgrading" is that the nice screenshots I've inserted into many of my Maple docs are not very pixelated and unreadable.
This issue is under investigation.
naxtell

Post by naxtell »

Sorry there was a typo in my original submission. The problem I have with the large images I have in my existing Maple docs is that they are now very pixelated. It is related to the size of the image because small images (e.g. a screen shot of a small dialogue box) still render fine but large, whole screen images (which have been re-sized down) are very pixelated. It is almost as though the image rendering algorithm is not using any sort of "smoothing" when shrinking a large image down to a smaller display space. I think the underlying image file is still fine because if I export/save the image out from Maple and view it using an external program the image is crystal clear again.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

The problem has ben localized and fixed. We will release the updated version in a few days. The images will be clear again.