Internet access

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
mike

Internet access

Post by mike »

A few questions:

1)- Can I prevent with Winlock the access to Internet via Explorer or any other application as Mozilla Eudora Chat?
2)- Is it possible to prevent the use of the DialUp wizard?
3)- I've Windows 2000 and I want to restrict the access to Internet to some users, do I need WinLockPro?
4)- I'm not a technician, is it enough easy to restrict the access to internet?
5)- Do you have any documentation step by step about how set the application to restrict the Internet Access?
Thanks
Mike Nardini
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

1)- Can I prevent with Winlock the access to Internet via Explorer or any other application as Mozilla Eudora Chat?
Yes, you can either block executable files, such as iexplore.exe, or use Access\Windows section to block windows by caption (for example, "*Internet Explorer" string block the ability to browse with IE).
2)- Is it possible to prevent the use of the DialUp wizard?
Yes, you can use Block Windows feature.
3)- I've Windows 2000 and I want to restrict the access to Internet to some users, do I need WinLockPro?
Yes you do.
4)- I'm not a technician, is it enough easy to restrict the access to internet?
5)- Do you have any documentation step by step about how set the application to restrict the Internet Access?
I can send you a sample setting profile that you can use to restrict the access to internet. Please email me at support@crystaloffice.com

Post by Guest »

Hi Denis
Thanks for answering but some points are not clear to me:
Regarding question 1 I assume that my question was not enough clear,
I don't want to block Internet Explorer because this would not permit to carry on other activities based on Internet Explorer (now everything is based on web-like presentation).
I don't know the name of all the hundreds programs able to connect internet I just want to block the internet connection to some users.
As I told I'm not a technician but I think that this can be solved with your answer in poit 2
So thanks for the offer for a "sample setting profile" I send you immediately an email. I have just downloaded the trial for Winlock Pro and I hope to be able to set it up
Thanks again
Mike Nardini

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 01, 2010 8:21 pm.