Disabling Default Setting

NotePro, CellPro, DayMate, and Clip Plus
WillowRaven

Disabling Default Setting

Post by WillowRaven »

Currently I have Notepro set as the 'default' program for .txt files (instead of Notepad) however I would like to change that so Notepro is *not* the default program (either change it back to Notepad or set it to ask me each time) - how do I do that?
support
Site Admin

Re: Disabling Default Setting

Post by support »

In Windows Explorer right-click any .txt file and select Open With.... Then choose the default program.
WillowRaven

Post by WillowRaven »

That I understand. However if I just (left) double click on the file for it to just 'open up' it used to open with Notepad, by default. Since installing Notepro it now opens with Notepro as default. *That* is what I'm trying to change. When I go into my settings in Control Panel (Control Panel / Internet Settings / Programs tab) it shows Notepad as my HTML editor (I was expecting it to say Notepro in which case I would have switched it to Notepad). So I am wondering if there is something I need to do within Notepro's (or Notepad's) actual settings to change it (outside of having to do the "right click/open with" each time)? I have done what you suggest and its not giving me the option to select a default program, which is why I'm asking - when I installed Notepro did it somehow disable the ability to select a default program?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

In Preferences, click File Types and uncheck Text documents.
WillowRaven

Post by WillowRaven »

Awesome - thats it! Thank you!!