disable task manager

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
Jeff

disable task manager

Post by Jeff »

i am using winlock pro and set a timer to logout PC. However, after logout PC, I can use alt ctrl del to call the task manager.
Is it any way to disable the task manager? Would you mind to provide the step to disable it? Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Re: disable task manager

Post by support »

Use System->Security->Disable Task Manager option.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

support wrote:Use System->Security->Disable Task Manager option.
This part is already did but it still can call the task manager after login again.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

This means that WinLock is either disabled or does not running. Or, you a logged under unprotected user account.
You can use Unload protection and/or Self-protection to prevent the ability to unload WinLock.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

support wrote:This means that WinLock is either disabled or does not running. Or, you a logged under unprotected user account.
You can use Unload protection and/or Self-protection to prevent the ability to unload WinLock.
already setted. however, the result are the same.
Any solution?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Please send step-by step instruction on how to duplicate the problem to support@crystaloffice.com.
Also, please tell me your os version, 32 or 64, and WinLock version number.
randy

Post by randy »

Task Manager can also be disabled by adding "Windows Task Manager" (or whatever it's called in the title bar) to Access / Windows.

Another way is to add all locations of "taskmgr.exe" to Access / Restricted Executables, but this would also require protecting the folders to prevent copying taskmgr.exe to other locations.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 am.