WinLock Professional 5.12 with Win 7 64 bit

WinLock, WinLock Professional, and WinLock Remote Administrator
paradude

WinLock Professional 5.12 with Win 7 64 bit

Post by paradude »

I've troubled configuration WinLock Professional with Windows 7 64 Bit version.

Not sure whether WinLock Pro has compatible with 64 bit version of Windows. According to support section in the web site, it's stated as working with all the 64 bit version.

I've been using WinLock with WinXP and Win 7 32 bit version without any problem.

When I configured protection, change "setting", security, Start Menu and Taskbar etc. and enable the protection. It works. The problem is when I restart the PC, whatever I've set up before wasn't there any more. Instead WinLock default profile is coming up all the time.

Anyone come across the problem like this or I am the one who is having this issue.
support
Site Admin

Re: WinLock Professional 5.12 with Win 7 64 bit

Post by support »

Please configure system access permissions as described in the help file (Basics\Configuring user accounts).
paradude

Post by paradude »

Thanks for your reply.

I always use as an administrator. Is that still relate the "configuring user accounts"? As I have mentioned before, I don't have any problem with XP and Win 7 32bit.

For testing, I've created another user with admin privilege that happened exactly same as before. Even log off and log back in, pretty much the same as restart. Whatever I've configured might be store in the wrong place or 64 bit is using different folder to look at it or ????

In 64 bit Windows 7, there are 2 folders such as "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)". WinLock is automatically installed in the folder "Program Files (x86)". Is this the right one?

Press F11 to open WinLock ....
The account is not configured. Click here for details.

Do you need any information,screen shot and attachments, please don't hesitate to ask me? We need to use it urgently and want to resolve as soon as possible.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

In 64 bit Windows 7, there are 2 folders such as "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)". WinLock is automatically installed in the folder "Program Files (x86)". Is this the right one?
That's right.
For testing, I've created another user with admin privilege that happened exactly same as before. Even log off and log back in, pretty much the same as restart. Whatever I've configured might be store in the wrong place or 64 bit is using different folder to look at it or ????
Did you use Run As administrator command to start WinLock?
paradude

Post by paradude »

Thanks.

Run As Administrator solved the issue.